Thursday, November 19, 2015

my apologies to…


…Raphael


My interpretation of the Sistine Madonna (detailed view of the angels).

I think I captured their facial expressions…the colors were hard to match up using watercolor.



I know I’ve been absent a bit lately. There is so much going on here. I’m having family come next week for Thanksgiving so I’ve been doing a bit of extra cleaning!

On top of that, I’ve been let go from my company. I still have a few weeks to work but mostly that will entail cleaning up stuff and archiving files to servers. Ugh.

It’s bittersweet. There has been talk of layoffs for a few months, so I thought long and hard and decided to raise my hand to be one of those to leave. After 31 years of working there, it’s really sad to leave. It was the one time in my life that I had a job that I loved…great people, fun projects, ideal work conditions.

So why am I leaving?

I don’t know for sure. It just felt like the time was right. The severance package is great…so I’m going to enjoy some time off before I look for something else.

I’m calling it a sabbatical. A time to rest and learn and just think about “what’s next.”

You’ll be seeing lots more art from me. That’s top of my list!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to sound callous here, but....congrats on taking the severance package! I think you'll really enjoy having more time to make art and travel and enjoy family. (and I love the kitties!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your fresh start will be a real blessing! I love the angels. That's one of my mom's favorite paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!