Friday, July 17, 2015

back to basics


I signed up for a class at our local Adult Wellness Center. The AWC a great place in our little town where only OLD folks like me can go! (You have to be aged 50 and above).

It’s a gym with great equipment. It has two swimming pools with classes running all day long. There are classrooms for cooking, art, writing, health classes, etc. There’s a library with great books, computers and tables set up for putting together jigsaw puzzles. There’s also a couple of pool tables where old farts hang out and play pool all day! ☺

It’s a great place. When I retire, I plan on spending a lot more time there. For now, I take water aerobics 2 nights a week and now…a Pen and Ink class on Friday afternoons.

Last week, we drew a forest of textures. The time passed so quickly just doodling away!


When I got home, I started working on …

wait for it …

a cat! I just love doodling. It’s so relaxing.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place. I absolutely love that forest doodle! I haven't doodled for a while but may need to try with my non dominant hand until my dominant hand starts working again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AWC sounds fantastic! This would be a great place for me as well. And it really must be such a inspiring place because your doodle forest turned out fabulously. I really love it so much. And of course do I expect now to find it as well in YOUR BOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. And of course do I love the cat too!!!! Your black and white doodles are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first one! :) I'll have to give that
    a try too :)) I think I would fall asleep while
    trying to do something like the second one :)
    Way too many little lines :))

    Have a beautiful day!
    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
  5. The AWC sounds like such a cool place! Nice doodles! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!