Monday, January 5, 2015

SBS assignment


Just a quick look at an assignment for Sketchbook Skool. I signed up for Beginnings because of all the good things I have heard about it.

This is a doodle (on gouache) of something that has meaning to me. I inherited my Grandma’s old sewing kit.

It is full of thread on wooden spools. They don’t make those anymore. Also, some of the price tags are 10 cent or 15 cents. Now, I haven’t bought thread in a long time…but I would guess that it costs more than 15 cents!!

It also has a bunch of old keys in it. I probably hold the keys to the family treasure and don’t even know it!!

But I doubt it!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Aren't old treasures wonderful? I had an antique square jar full of buttons and other odds and ends that belonged to my mother-in-law. I recently gave it to her daughter (my sister-in-law) and she was so thrilled. She remembered it, but didn't know that another sibling had thrown it away! My son saved it from the rubbish heap. My hubby left behind piles of old keys. You hate to throw them away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♫♪♫♪ mem-oooor-ries ♪♫♪♫♪♫ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sue!
    Great work on your SBS assignment :)
    I'm SO excited to see you're taking "Year of the Spark" too!!!
    xo
    Kristin
    p.s. You've inspired me to try and do some calendar inchie drawings... It's not too late to start, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!